What you need to know
- NEW! Access 2022 UnitedHealthcare Certifications in their new learning management system called Learning Lab for simplified use, clearer assignments, and easier tracking.
- NEW! All Certification modules and assessments are available in both English and Spanish.
- Passing the prerequisite tests (Medicare Basics Test, Ethics and Compliance Test, and AARP Course) certifies you to sell Medicare Advantage* (MA), Prescription Drug and AARP® Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans from UnitedHealthcare plans!
- To sell Chronic or Dual Special Needs Plans (DSNP), take the Chronic/Dual SNP module and test after you have passed all your prerequisite tests.
- Don’t forget to take 2021 Events Basics if you plan to conduct in-person or virtual events!
How to take certifications
- Certification modules and tests are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- You will have six attempts to complete an assessment with a minimum passing score of 85 percent.
- Answer a question correctly and you will move immediately to the next question; answer a question incorrectly and you’ll receive feedback that it was wrong and then you will move to the next question.
UnitedHealthcare will once again accept AHIP’s Medicare + + Fraud, Waste and Abuse Training, which satisfies the requirement for the UnitedHealthcare Medicare Solutions Certification module, Medicare Basics Test (including Medicare Advantage, Prescription Drug and Medicare Supplement Plans). If you wish to receive the $50 discount on AHIP from UnitedHealthcare, you must access the AHIP/UHC co-branded website via the link provided in Learning Lab.