New, lower costs on Marketplace coverage available now
You may be eligible for more savings and lower costs on Marketplace health insurance due to the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 — even if you weren’t before! Health insurance premiums after these new savings will go down.
You have through August 15, 2021 to enroll in or change 2021 health coverage through the new Special Enrollment Period for the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) public health emergency.
New to the Marketplace?
- Create an account if you’re applying for the first time.
- Follow these 4 steps to apply and enroll on HealthCare.gov.
Already have a Marketplace plan?
- You can still take advantage of these extra savings. Log in, and submit your application again to see your new eligibility results with the extra tax credit amount. You’ll get your eligibility results right away.
- If you qualify for more tax credit, reselect your current plan in order for the changes to take effect to lower your premiums for the rest of the year.
- Note: Your deductible may start over. Call your insurance company before changing plans or adding a new household member to find out.